This plugin creates an admin paged called Blacklist under the Settings menu that contains 3 text boxes which are automatically populated with lists of all the IP addresses, urls, and email addresses of comments marked as spam. These lists can also be sorted by instance number, making it easier to identify the worst offenders.
The point is to make it easier to include this data in your comment moderation/blacklist or to export for other uses.
- Thank you to MomDad
- This plugin’s readme.txt file was generated by the bitacre Readme Generator for WordPress Plugins.
Donations are graciously accepted to support the continued development and maintenance of this and other plugins. We currently accept Paypal and kind words.
- Download the latest zip file and extract the
- Upload this directory inside your
- Activate ‘WP Blacklister’ on the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Settings > Blacklist to see the list of IPs, emails, and URLs.
- How do I get the data out of the text boxes?
It’s just copy and paste for right now. I was considering adding a button to move it all to the moderate/blacklist section under Discussion options, but that could get pretty messy for people with large datasets with lots of redundancies.
I may add an option to automatically add the IP/email/URL of a comment marked as spam to one of the lists and then trash the comment right after it gets marked. That’s really the only way I think that could be implemented without the potential for serious confusion.
- Can you add this feature I just thought of?
Can I? Yes. Will I? Yes, if I think it would be a helpful addition. I’m trying to keep things clean and simple, but there’s always room for improvement, so let me know if you think a feature is lacking!
- Why does it take so long to load?
If you’ve got a large number of spam comments, it may take awhile to load and parse them all. I recommend using this to extract the useful blocking information from your spam comments then kill them all with fire.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«WP-Blacklister» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Updated from depreciated Roles to Capabilities.
- Added instance counts for offending emails/IPs/urls.
- First released version.
- There may still be bugs, but I can’t find any.