You’ve got a lot of images in your media library and you’re worried about updating the image ALT tag, caption & description? Don’t worry. This plugin will help you to update, edit or remove the image ALT tag or ALT text, as well as image caption and image description with just a few clicks directly from within your WordPress dashboard media library page.
If you don’t want to visit every single image edit page to update these image meta data, then this is the perfect plugin for you. You can view the alt tag, caption & description for the existing images directly by visiting the WordPress media library page. This plugin will help you to sort and find out which images don’t have an ALT tag or caption or description assigned. Once you find out those images, then you will be able to update them very easily and quickly with just a few clicks.
We all know that «On Page SEO» is a MUST thing to increase the SEO score of your website and every image in your website should have a proper image ALT tag assigned. Using this plugin, you will be able to find out the empty or blank ALT tags for the images that have already been uploaded to the media library. And you can edit/update image ALT text to improve your existing SEO score.
- Add/edit/update image ALT tag, caption & description with one click directly from WordPress Media Library
- Perform Search for a specific SEO Keyword that has been assigned to your images as alt tag, caption or description.
- Sort media library images by ALT tag, or image caption or Image Description.
- Find out blank or empty ALT tag, or empty caption or empty description throughout the media library
- Bulk edit image ALT tag or alt attribute
- Bulk edit image caption
- Bulk edit image description
- Improve SEO score by assigning the proper image meta data.
How this plugin works or How to edit image meta data
- Install the plugin «Media Library Helper by Codexin»
- From Dashboard, go to media –> Library –> Open the «List View»
- Unlock the edit mode. (You will see a button at the top, named «Edit mode is locked»)
- Continue updating image ALT text, caption and description as you need.
- Once finished, just keep the edit mode Locked again.
Install using WordPress dashboard
- Go to the WordPress dashboard.
- Click on Plugins -> Add New
- Type «Media Library Helper by Codexin» in the search box and hit enter.
- Once you found our plugin, click on the «Install Now» button
- Once installed, then click on the «Activate» button
Install using FTP
- Download the plugin from WordPress plugin repository
- Unzip the archive on your computer
- Upload media-library-helper directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the «Plugins» menu in WordPress
This plugin will not update existing images metadata in the media library automatically. Once you install this plugin, then you have to update image ALT Tag (ALT Text), Caption, Description manually using this plugin.
Make sure you have set ALT tag, Caption and Description visible to the media library by going to the «Screen Options» at the top right corner of the page.
How to bulk edit image meta data
Go to the list view in your media library dashboard, then select the images that you want to bulk edit. From the top dropdown menu, select «Edit» and then click on «Apply». This will open the bulk edit editor. You can set image alt tag, caption and description as you needed. The provided image alt tag, caption and description will be set for all the selected images.
This happens usually when the image ALT tag, caption or descriptions have been hard coded into your pages or posts. In other words, those image metadata are not being called dynamically from the media library database. If your pages/posts have hard coded image meta data or using a page builder that provides a separate option to add image ALT tags, captions or description, then updating image meta data from WordPres media library won’t help. You need to go to that specific page or post and need to find out the existing hard coded image alt tag and replace them as you need.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Bulk edit image alt tag, caption & description – WordPress Media Library Helper by Codexin» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Resolved compatibility issues with WordPress version 6.0
- Minor CSS changes
- Updated readme.txt
- Removed unused public ajax callback function
- Fixed a conflict when jQuery UI draggable feature is available on the WordPress media library page (list view).
- Updated readme.txt
- Resolved unknown column issue when GiveWP plugin is active
- Updated readme.txt
- Resolved media library nav menu visual glitch
- Tweaked search reult by alt tag
- First version!