Image Projector – a unique WordPress image viewer that provides a responsive full-window view and slider for images in posts or pages, including galleries and carousels. Developed for photos, useful for all types of images.
- Plug and Play, no editing of code needed
- Context-dependent image collections automatically created
- Tolerant to markup variations
- Supports WebP image format
- Visitor can switch view style and background
- Zoom and pan
- Smooth navigation with mouse, wheel, keyboard or touch gestures
- Uses on-demand image loading and preloading – fast startup
- Optional thumbstrip when relevant
- Optional support for flipping image and grayscale viewing
- Humble and quiet appearance
Used on an archive page, it will limit the images to those attached to the queried posts (typically category and tag results or search results).
It may well be used in combination with 3rd party or WordPress native galleries.
For available admin options, please see settings.
This plugin does not track users. It does not store any data to the database other than plugin settings, neither does it send any data to any server.
Last used view style and background style is stored in a cookie on visitor’s device and applied if visitor returns.
- Upload the plugin to your WordPress plugin directory or install it by using the «Add Plugin» function of WordPress
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page.
- Modify the plugin settings as desired and save changes.
-or possibly frequently asked…
Why did you make this plugin when there are so many others to chose from?
Good question! Being a photo enthusiast with a WordPress site having one post per image will cause some headache when trying to present the images in a smooth flow. To avoid the cumbersome manual navigation between posts, I decided to (try to) write a plugin to access the images by an image viewer and slider having the content automatically defined based on the context.
Messing around with various gallery plugins – that always require som extra effort to set up – or modifying page template code was not an option.
Are there any shortcut keys available?
Yes, for those who are blessed with a keyboard:
right arrow/left arrow – next/previous
C – toggle caption if supported
A or P – toggle autoplay
B – switch background class
L – last image
T – swith between slide in/out or cross-fade transition
V or S – switch view style
X – exit
Z – zoom mode on/off
Which touch actions or mouse operations are supported?
Left mouse button down while swiping right/left with mouse – next/previous
Ctrl key and left mouse button down while swiping up/down – enter zoom mode and do zooming
doubleclick – enter/exit zoom mode
mousewheel – zoom when in zoom mode
pinch – zoom
click caption – turn off display of caption if captions are supported. Turn it on again from menu.
Only one image from a gallery or carousel is shown, and no arrows – why?
Probably due to that the the gallery or carousel wrapper is not detected. Please specify the parent element to all the gallery or carousel elements. If in doubt, do not hesitate to file a support ticket.
Can I choose which pages and images to use it in?
Yes, to a certain extent. This can be specified in the plugin settings page.
Can I modify the styles?
Yes. Please have a look into the plugin settings page and the stylesheet located in the plugin directory. If you need advice on how to set up the styles, please leave a support message.
Is it responsive and touch-device friendly?
Yes, I think so.
That’s right, it was made like this for simplification. Please submit a message in the support section if you think it should be available.
Does it work in all versions of all browsers?
Most likely not, but it seem to work as expected in ‘all modern browsers’. There may be several ways of marking up a page so there could be situations when some tuning is necessary. Please leave a message in the support section if it does not work as expected.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Image Projector – a lightbox» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Added option to specify any image wrappers inside swipers/sliders that shall be excluded from the image collection. These may represent hidden, duplicate images included only for technical reasons.
- Introduced check of duplicate images in galleries and slideshows. Duplicates will now be ignored.
- Prefixed class names for image orientation to avoid conflict with WP native gallery.
- Reset full screen view (if applied from plugin) when closing viewer.
- Added option to set max zoom factor.
- Added option to control whether buttons shall fade out after a period of inactivity.
- Added option to control display of menu button.
- Removed the Ruler feature as it was assumed not much in use.
- Added option in Features to turn off one-image-per-post assumption. Default off.
- Added option in Controls to show full screen toggle. Using this rather than F11 will hide any scrollbars.
- Improved detection of groups of images that defines the content of slider and thumbstrip.
- Minor adjustments and rearrangement of the plugin admin settings tabs.
- Tested for WordPress 5.9.
- Improved support for image captions.
- Fixed minor display issue with the ‘Go to post’ button.
- Added option ‘Keep actual image size’ in admin panel to prevent enlarging image beyond its actual pixel size. Zooming still available. When not checked, image will be enlarged to fit window.
- Added option to specify maximum size of square for view style 1. Useful when you do not want to enlarge images beyond its actual pixel size.
- Added option in admin panel to control display of play/pause button.
- Added support for up/down swipe to exit viewer.
- Added option in admin panel/timings to set sliding time for autoplay.
- Eliminated annoying delay between end of panning/swiping and start of image sliding.
- Confirmed support for WebP image format.
- Introduced support for horizontally flipping image. Can be flipped by key ‘F’, a floating button or from menu. The visibility of the floating button can be controlled from plugin settings page.
- Introduced option to view image in grayscale. Controlled by key ‘G’ or from menu. Support for this can be turned off from plugin settings page.
- Added option to set colour of control buttons.
- Added option to show buttons for changing view style and background colour without having to access the menu.
- Tested for WordPress 5.8.
- Added option in plugin settings to choose bright or dark initial background style.
- Rearranged plugin admin pages.
- Minor modifications.
- Tested for WordPress 5.7.
- Tested for WordPress 5.6.
- Fixed glitch in last version related to retrieving image sizes when omitted from image element
- Fixed error related to images on remote servers.
- Thumb generation based on srcset of image if present.
- Improved handling of SSL and Mixed Content in image references.
- Switched to SVG icons instead of icon font.
- Tested for WordPress 5.5.