FancyBox Gallery integrates the FancyBox jQuery plugin into the WordPress
gallery functionality. Simply use the gallery shortcode to display
thumbnails in your posts with the option to link directly to the images (not
the attachment template), and the plugin handles the rest. You get nice
popups for the larger sized images, scaled to fit in the browser window,
with a nice overlay effect.
- Automatically scales large images to fit in window
- Adds a nice drop shadow under the zoomed item
- Groups related items and adds navigation through them (uses preloading)
FancyBox jQuery features, not yet implemented in the WordPress plugin:
- Can display images, inline and iframed content
- Customizable through settings and CSS
- Add a settings screen. Allow control of FancyBox display options.
- Let user set their own CSS selector, instead of assuming the standard
The FancyBox jQuery plugin is by Janis Skarnelis, and can be found here:
Copy the fancybox-gallery folder and its contents to your wp-content/plugins
directory, then activate the plugin.
Visit the settings page to configure options.
By default, FancyBox Gallery is configured to work with image galleries
generated by the WordPress
[gallery link="file"] shortcode.
- Does it work with other media, like videos?
The FancyBox jQuery can work with other embedded media types. I have not
tested the WordPress plugin with anything other than images, though.
- There is a problem with my browser.
For example, I have heard reports that the Opera browser wants to center the
image on the whole document, not just in the visible viewport. Browser
issues most likely will have to be dealt with in the underlying FancyBox
jQuery plugin. For these types of problems, please visit:
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«FancyBox Gallery» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Tested up to WordPress 3.0-alpha
- Fixed path to easing plugin.
- Upgraded to fancybox 1.2.1
- Due to new version of fancybox, which requires jQuery version 1.3.2,
the plugin now requires WordPress 2.8 (or at least the newer jQuery)
- Now supports next/previous image navigation within gallery images of
- Override table styles for image captions so that it works better with
- Initial release. No options, yet. Only works if you use the gallery
shortcode like so: